I am a PhD student at McGill University and a Graduate Research Assistant at Mila - Quebec AI Institute, advised by Siva Reddy. My research aims at developing and improving knowledge-grounded conversational agents. I am currently working on conversational information retrieval for information-seeking dialogs.
My research journey started at Data Analytics and Intelligence Research (DAIR) Group, IIT Delhi where I was advised by Mausam. Before that I was a software developer at Samsung Research Institute Bangalore. I hold a Bachelor of Technology in Mathematics and Computer Science from IIT Guwahati (2013-17).
When I’m not behind a laptop, I like to spend my time outdoors biking, ice-skating, or exploring various events and cultural attractions in Montreal.
- June 2022: I presented TopiOCQA at Mila Partner Symposium, an annual event held to foster collaboration between researchers at Mila and its industry partners.
- Janurary 2022: In Winter 2022, I will be a TAing COMP-424: Artificial Intelligence taught by Jackie Chi Kit Cheung.
- December 2021: Our paper TopiOCQA: Open-domain Conversational Question Answering with Topic Switching has been accepted at TACL, an ACL-sponsored journal published by MIT Press. It will be presented at ACL 2022, to be held in Dublin, Ireland. Check out the project website for more details.
- October 2021: I participated in a panel discussion on Question Answering Evaluation at 6th Workshop on Search-Oriented Conversational AI (SCAI 2021), held online. The recording is available on YouTube.
- August 2021: I will be a part-time visiting researcher at ServiceNow Research (previously ElementAI), where I will be working with Harm de Vries on open-domain conversational question answering.
- August 2021: Our paper Regex Queries over Incomplete Knowledge Bases has been accepted at AKBC 2021. The conference will be held virtually.
- July 2021: In Fall 2021, I will be a TAing COMP-596: From Natural Language to Data Science taught by Siva Reddy and Tim O’Donnell.
Website template and design stolen with ❤️ from Desh.